Friday, August 26, 2016

Priorities after Suffering

Today, I asked my brother in Christ, DH, about a lesson that he had learned from his 3 strokes.
He told me that before the strokes he was always making plans for 1 year, 5 years, and 10 years ahead. These plans did not work, but they stressed him.
Today, he is very happy for his day, paying attention on God keeping him alive.
He told me that there are very few things really necessary: air, water, food and a shelter. 
He decided to enjoy each day as a gift from the Lord.
In other word, he decided to enjoy God's grace over him.
Even with some sequels from the strokes, he is much happier than before. The Lord changed his priorities. Now he focus on what is important: life.
Certainly I must think as him.
For instance, this morning I was watching videos in youtube about the next financial crisis in US. Interestingly, the video was talking about how comfortable the Jews were in Nazi Germany urging the watcher to escape the next US crisis that should happen this year (an election year). Focusing on life today does not fit to watching this kind of videos. For instance:  talking to my children is much more important. Even walking is more important.


No comments:

Post a Comment