Saturday, August 27, 2016

A new brother

Today, we took our daughter to a birthday party. There I met a guy who is an engineer and a brother in Jesus. I was amazed about our similarities.
It took a long time for me and for him to realize that we have found a new identity in Jesus despite attending to church services for many decades. It is just after this new identity that we really found rest in Jesus.
I learned one thing with him. He was telling me:
- If Jesus loves me despite what I do, I really can rest in Him. Thus, I see no need to please another person. Even though, I really go and talk to someone because I am pleased to do so. 
He was telling me that he spreads the gospel in a more natural way to him. He is not the kind of guy that meets a stranger and begins to evangelize. However, he waits for the Holly Ghost to show him that he should pray for someone in needy. Whenever he hears about someone sick, he is eager to pray for him, even, for non Christians. He told me that in one case, the person was not healed but he found Jesus, what was much better.
It amazed me how the Spirit guided me today and taught me through him.

No comments:

Post a Comment