Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Divorce

Yesterday, my colleague told me he divorced by the second time from the same wife because he remarried her. It was not fair that only he had to cede to let the marriage goes on. The marriage works when the husband restrains his freedom to please his wife and vice versa. When there is no reciprocity, the one who cedes will feel used by the other. It is getting more and more difficult to keep the marriage these days. One great cause of divorce is the lack of dialogue, the lack of openness to each other, which leads to someone feel abused with a growing resentment. Generally, the one who feels oppressed is the one who asks for divorce, although in some cases, it is the opposite.
Another great cause is the lack of a common purpose. After the children grew, what is the purpose of marriage? Could it be Jesus?
This photo taken today is from my wedding ring:



We bought it just a few days before the wedding ceremony.
As the gardener is always looking for weeds in his garden, so I must be clarifying resentments before they kill my marriage. It is not an easy task to perform alone. I sincerely hope that I and my wife remember to look at Jesus every day establishing our home in the Rock.


No comments:

Post a Comment