Wednesday, August 17, 2016

being loved

I try to chat with my children at dinner, mainly with my daughter. Generally, I make some questions about school such as: what class did you enjoy more, and what did you hate more? She answers as an obligation. Most of time she is always in a bad mood and complains about everything.
At dinner, today, I could talk in a more pleasant way with my daughter. She said that some students were disrespecting her teacher. I really became interested why and the conversation flew naturally. She told me that the teacher was not energetic to stop small conversations. His students got very comfortable in his class yielding noisy conversations which made him mad.
This small "happy" conversation sounded as victory to me.
On Monday, I read to my chindren Psalm 33:1-12. In 12:

The Lord loves righteousness and justice;
    the earth is full of his unfailing love.


I asked her: Do you really believe that the earth is full of the unfailing love of the Lord? Do you think that David was well treated when wrote this psalm? No, he had a lot of troubles but despite this, he was always seeing how God loved him, specially him. 
I told her that when I was coming back home (Monday) by bicycle, I took a heavy rain. It was cold, but each drop of water that hit me was as the Lord saying: "I love you". So I imagined a lot of "I love you" from the Lord.  
I urged her to think as David. Not only that, but I asked her to see my love as a father for her. 
That night she tenderly embraced me when saying "good night".
It requires some effort to feel loved.


No comments:

Post a Comment