Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Invitation

I preach once a month in my church but I am not a pastor and I do not receive anything for preaching.
It is a honor to preach, to be invited to spread the Lord's word.
For me, it is some kind of sacrifice, as an offer. I comprehend that the Lord receives an offer from a pure heart, thus, I must be alert to repent from my sins before preaching.
I was invited to preach at another church, this Sunday, 28th of August.
After I had my life threatened some weeks ago, I listened to a Tim Keller sermon on Job 1. I enjoyed it very much and I applied to the events that were occurring at the invasion of my second father's house. I must be preaching on Job 1 this Sunday.
A more normal human being asks "why am I suffering?", but Job saw it coming from the Lord. Job was fearful to the Lord in good days. Would he be fearful in bad days? Was Job really serving the Lord with an unselfish love? Was Job fearful in good days, because the Lord was richly blessing him?
Today was a good day to me: no flat tire, no rain in the way, no accident, the Sun returned to shine in Sao Paulo city, the meeting with professors and students was not bad. I am fortunate to see the Lord's hand even in good days.

No comments:

Post a Comment