Monday, August 8, 2016

Oppression

Is Brazil a safe country?
No. It is not.
It has been very difficult to save money here in Brazil. Among many options, real state seemed a good way to save money, mainly before 1990, when Brazil was facing hyper inflation. My father has 2 houses. He lives in one but at the second house he was leaving his belongs such as an old VW (Volks) parked there and heavy tools (milling and lathe).
Intruders took the second house claiming they are building a church there.
They call one guy, "pastor".
Every Saturday, I visit my parents in order to read the Bible with them.
This Saturday was very different.
My father was notified about the invasion very soon in the morning, minutes after  I had arrived.
My father, my brother and I went there by car. I was very reluctantly and sat on the back seat.
I was talking about Joshua, Jericho and the spies to them on the car saying that we should pray, spy the house and call the police before anything.
As we approached the house, clearly, it was being plundered.
My father did not think.
He honked the car, calling the attention of the intruders, who surrounded the car.
My father and brother exited the car to discuss.
I pleaded that they come back but they did not.
I could not exit because the car was with the back doors locked.
I phoned the police from the car. As I was calling, one guy said: "Do not call the police or you will die".
The police came and took everybody to the police station.
The policemen said that we should lock the house putting some barrier in the entrance of the house.
My father and brother did it in the afternoon but the intruders came back and dismantled everything. My father thought to bring out our Volks but could not as there was another car blocking the exit.
Yesterday was Sunday.
I and my brother went to the church. My father decided to go back to the second house alone but the situation was worse.
The Voks was with the windows broken, no battery and many other damages.
My father decided to reconstruct a barrier. Meanwhile, 2 persons asked him about the price of the house.
He is almost 80 years old. He is outraged by the situation.
I asked him to rest today, Monday.
May I still recite Psalm 23:

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
    He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.
    He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness
    for his name's sake.



No comments:

Post a Comment