Thursday, June 30, 2016

Sao Paulo

Sao Paulo is the largest city in South America. Today I took this photo when coming back home:



10 years before, I used to say: Why do I live here? People are selfish and rude. The traffic jam is horrible. Sao Paulo is a dangerous city. We have a lot of polluted air. In every summer, a lot of trees fall over the electricity wires, interrupting the energy supply. 
10 years ago there was a disco nearby. It was very common that I could not sleep from Thursday to Sunday due to the noise - there was a lot of cars honking at night. Many drunks used to pee on our sidewalk. The sidewalk is a place to the neighborhood take their dogs to shit. A tree is at the corner of our house. A very good place to the dogs! Besides, Brazilians are used to think that a tree is place for littering. Poor of me that have to face garbage in the corner of the house almost everyday.
10 years ago, a neighbor decided to be nice with the carters: poor people that are paid to remove someone' s litter to the sidewalk of another one. He was selling food and began to give the leftovers to the carters. The carters decided to rest under the tree in the corner of our home, everyday. My children had to go to school, but it was very difficult to deal with this situation. One cover from our mailbox was stolen - perhaps by some carter. Besides, it was common to the carters left garbage in our sidewalk. 
Today things are different:
  • the disco has closed. A lot of noise is over now.
  • I go by bicycle everyday. No more traffic jam to me.
  • the neighbor moved (not far away) but stopped with his gentleness, thus, it is much more difficult to see carters resting under the tree after the meal.
Today I am different:
I complain much less than before. 10 years ago, I was complaining about everything. Today I am much more happy. I rest in Jesus. Thanks Jesus things are much better now.


No comments:

Post a Comment