Sunday, June 12, 2016

Psalm 139






We read in Psalm 139:



13 For you formed my inward parts;
    you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.[a]
Wonderful are your works;
    my soul knows it very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
    intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
    the days that were formed for me,
    when as yet there was none of them.




I have just watched the movie "American Splendor" that shows the life of Harvey Pekar and I thought: why not create a blog about my life? He knew how to tell his life as a series of comic books.



It reminded me when I was 12 years old. I enjoyed drawing comic books of just one square. At this time, I had some kind of wisdom in enjoying life that I lost during many decades. Now, I am 53 years old and coming back to a happy life. It seemed to me that Harvey Pekar did not try to take a very beautiful picture of himself; by the opposite, he seemed very sincere and perhaps, he degraded himself. I do not know what made him share his life and even pay to print his own comic books ... was it money? I do not think so. Even when he became famous, he did not quit his humble job. I think that it was some kind of treating himself without going to a psychologist. 

My motivation to write this blog is to help you think about Jesus, but in a different way. Is it really true that Jesus transform lives?That was my big question through many decades: I read and read the Bible but sincerely I could not say I had a joyful life, peace in my heart and that I had some secret to spread to the world. Ok, pastors always told me to share my faith and I had tried without so much success. This blog is a new way to share my faith, but this time is a little different because now I discovered the secret: even when I sin, I can rest in Jesus, I return to my Redeemer faithfully that He will not desert me. Now I can think as David said: all my days were written, even my sinful days. And this is wonderful to me: Jesus accepts me as I am, with my doubts and sins included. If it is common to the believers to have doubts about Jesus transforming his lives as I had for a long time, I think that I can help them to think about Jesus sharing my life in a similar way as Harvey Pekar shared his life - in a very open way.

No comments:

Post a Comment