Friday, June 17, 2016

Humbled

I teach a computer related subject.
I have some intuition about how the machine works and I propose some projects to my students, mainly to open and see the computer working inside.  I like to propose things that I have never tried before. The problem is that my intuition may fail and there may be some flaw inside the proposal.
Today a student catch this kind of flaw and indirectly, rebuked my method of teaching publicly in his presentation of the project.



Well, I applauded him at the end. He was very good in his lecture, although I was humbled.
I have some kind of philosophy: anyone who prevents to show his foolishness is a greater fool.
Let us suppose that I value respect from my students. One way to be respected and lazy at the same time, is to be an expert in a subject and teach it year after year. But this approach does not work well for computer subjects.
The one who seeks his own glory is not well seen in the Lord's eyes. 
All the gospels pictures the disciples of Jesus as humans with their sins: some are cowards, some are selfishly seeking higher position, etc. Interestingly the gospels were written by disciples or their friends and they picture themselves as sinners.
I have the freedom to let me be humbled. 

No comments:

Post a Comment