Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Guidance

As a teacher, I propose projects to groups of students.
Most of them are brand new, thus there is no answer in internet.
These projects consist of discovering how the computer works, mainly by displaying some inside information, the target information.
Some groups face a project as a great challenge. Once they find the target information, they try very hard to understand what is going on and they themselves propose some hypothesis and check them.
Others groups see a project as another homework, an obligation to get approved in my class. Some students of this group test my knowledge: teacher, where is the target information? They want to get good scores, even in case of failure when they realize I can not provide an answer to its location. They will say: impossible to accomplish! The teacher is a bad teacher that proposes things beyond his own capabilities!
By the other hand, some good groups will face similar problems and they will dialogue with me trying to change the target information to a similar one or make a slight modification of its project statement. They do not easily give up!
As a teacher, I enjoy very much to see students eager to discover new things.
I feel myself as a guidance provider to my students because I open a way for a group to follow.




In Psalm 139, we read:

See for yourself whether I’ve done anything wrong—
    then guide me on the road to eternal life.

The psalmist asks for guidance from the Lord. He must be as a student that is glad when discovering new things.  He does the right things because he loves it. This is how I must behave: ask guidance to the Lord to keep me in the road to eternal life, even when I face problems, by the other hand, I must not behave as a student that just wants to get approved doing the minimum necessary because he really abhors the assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment