Tuesday, June 28, 2016

How much do you pay for the chance to listen bad news?

Today I paid R$180,00 for the chance to listen bad news. It is time for my annual check up. The doctor asked many routine exams. I am a little concerned about glucose and uric acid levels because they were a little high last year. Glucose was around 100 and uric acid was around 7.5.  The idea is to change habits before getting into diabetes or gout.


How much do I pay to know whether I am pleasing the Lord? Everyday I read a chapter of the Bible. Today I read about the sin of Achan in Joshua 7. After defeating Jericho, Israel was very confident that they would defeat a small city, Ai. But, they had to flee from them because one man - Achan - took things that he should not. Obviously for a Bible reader, a christian should not play with sin as a guy that does not play with his health.

No comments:

Post a Comment