Sunday, June 17, 2018

Today, Sunday - Christian Sabbath

Today at Sunday School we went on the short catechism from Westminster and read the third and fourth commandments. Following this reasoning, today is the christian sabbath. We (my family) spent almost all day on church related activities although at the end of day, Brazil was playing against Swiss at Russia copa games and my older son, who likes soccer very much, lost half of the game.
My friend preached today about Felipe at Acts 8. He told about daemon exorcism. He illustrated it saying that, according to another pastor called Carlos,  "Igreja Universal" really exorcised a daemon from Carlos's mother and after some time, Carlos himself, learned to exorcise daemons. I don't like "Igreja Universal" at all. For me, it follows the prosperity theology and, as many charlatans, attracts greedy and fool people. Jesus said in Matthew 7 that many exorcists will be disappointed at the judgement day and for me, many from "Igreja Universal" will be there.  Let us see in future, the Lord knows all things.
As a coincidence, or the Lord's will, next Sunday I will preach about the same subject of daemon possessed men, as I am following Matthew 8 but I will have a different approach. I will talk that in some ways, any person may be influenced by daemons even those who call themselves christians. Nightmares, suicidal thoughts, some kind of depression, anger for no reason, etc. are related to daemon activities. It is the christian obligation to take these things to Jesus as people did in Matthew 8:16 when they led many daemon possessed people to Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment