Saturday, June 16, 2018

affirmation

Yesterday, one student asked me why did I choose to be a professor. The chat turned into how to deal with students. I told her that it took some time, years, to understand my position as a professor and the authority that I should (not optional) exercise.
Today I told this story to my uncle, 87 years old, and compared to what happened to me as a christian. It took some time to take my position as a christian. I witnessed what Jesus made in my life. He changed the way I see things: life and death. I told him that I was always afraid to get some sickness from others. I still am afraid but not as much as before. I told him how I was a stingy because I was afraid of the future, but today not so much because I know that the Lord takes care of my future. I tried to show him that Jesus transformed my life and I asked him to think about Jesus before his death. He began to talk that he didn't go to church for a very long time and suddenly changed the subject completely.
It is not so easy to share the gospel. I think that it is very difficult to make others listen to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment