Monday, June 25, 2018

a good preacher

I don't think that it's necessary to study in a seminary to be a good preacher, although a good seminary may provide a more solid foundation. However, in this world full of information, it is somehow easy to locate the good basis for preaching. Anyway, I want briefly think about what is a good preacher.
A good preacher must love his attendants as a good teacher. He must teach the Word of the Lord pointing the grace through Jesus. He must provide some illustration in his own life to show how the Word is applied in his own life. He must be some kind of Messiah because the Spirit of the Lord must be upon him. He must importunate his audience to be more Christ-like as he himself is becoming more Christ-like. As a teacher, he must look for his audience growth. He must not look for his audience appraisal but he must please the Lord.
Well, I think that, perhaps, the church doesn't enjoy my sermons.
Do they pay attention?
In general, they don't care to the message. Perhaps it's not the message that I preach, but more broadly, they don't care to the Lord's Word. I really think that they don't touch their Bibles during the week.
I would like to make them pay attention but without distorting the Bible to make it more appealing.
I would like to be more like Timothy Keller or R C Sproul.
Anyway, the Lord is the One who knows how I should preach.
My main church is not my local church.
I am much more focused in saving my own family.
So, a greater question is:
-------------------------------------------------------
how to make my own family love the Word?
-------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment