Friday, June 8, 2018

Jesus and The fear of the Lord

The world has a reasoning like that:
- The Lord forgives all my sins in Jesus; so I really do not need to fear the Lord. 
In fact, I have already some people say that the word "fear" means respect. Really? I am quite sure that "fear" means "fear". Jesus told in Matthew 10:28:

28 Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell. 

Jesus told that I must be afraid of the Lord because He can destroy me, destroy my soul and body. This is somehow stronger than respect. 
Today, as I was leaving my work, my professor (the one who oriented my thesis) made fun of me. He is sick and he was playing that he would transmit me his sickness. Nothing serious, but I began to think if he would play like that to some other guy. Wasn't he showing some lack of respect?
I took my bike and I was looking the beautiful sunset created by the Lord, then I thought:
- Shouldn't I fear much more the Lord than my professor?
The Lord is the one who really may destroy me; not my professor (truly, I think he is not a bad guy) nor any other human being (I know a lot of humans worse than my professor). What have I done to the Lord that I don't deserve to be destroyed by Him?
The only thing I am doing is to look to Jesus on the cross.
Jesus came to the oppressed and not to the oppressor. He came to those who searches refuge on the Rock. Let my wicked heart praise Him when I am feeling bad, when I am feeling oppressed, because He is taking care of me.


No comments:

Post a Comment