Monday, June 25, 2018

Feel loved

We are always seeking affection, love, tenderness from others. Diana told me: "I can't see love in your message", "you told what is written in the Bible, but where is love?".
I tried to explain her that love is in someone's head and it is very subjective. I told her:

Sao Paulo traffic is horrible and I only could see hate when going to work or coming back home.
Nowadays, I go by bicycle and pay attention to some blue flowers in the way.
I told to myself:
I will listen the Lord declaring his love to me whenever I see these blue flowers.
I was hoping that they were going to wither and disappear but they not. All long the year, my Lord keeps saying to me: I love you.
What did change? Do people in Sao Paulo stop hating or did I see something I was not paying attention?

She told me that perhaps I am in higher spiritual level. Anyway, the point is:
What is to be loved? Do you have inner capabilities to detect love? Perhaps, your "love sensors" are flawed and the first thing you need is a change of mind.
Yesterday night, at our family gathering, I told to my children this Diana history and also about my sister.
I really think that my sister was dad's favorite child, but despite that, she spent some time, money in psychologists for some traumatic lack of love when child. By opposite, I was the most castigated (hated?) child and today, my father shares his feelings preferentially to me. 
I asked my children: what is happening? The problem is not love but some faith in love. I told them:

Please, believe you are loved by me, by your mother and specially by the Lord. If you don't believe you may end like my sister, Diana or worse.

I have just finished the dinner and my older son commented my message. Yesterday, I told that Jesus serve us because he cures as he has cured the Peter's mother in law in Matthew 8:14-17. I asked the congregation: Jesus cured but did he expect to be served? He cured Peter's mother in law but would he expect to be served by her? One old lady answered: "No". I replied with a strong "yes". Jesus expects that everyone who is cured by him, forgave by him, becomes his slave and serves him. My older son told me my direct answer was very funny; perhaps so direct that it was almost rude as showing a rude Master.
Anyway, today I really know that the Lord demands any christian to die for himself. A christian very alive for himself, that takes much care of himself (as I was) needs a lot of patience from the Lord. One day, I have to write something about perceiving the Lord as good or as bad. No one would say in a church that the Lord is bad, but I think that Diana thought something near that after listening to my message. Diana is not questioning my message after all, she is questioning the Lord. I really want to help her how to see kindness in Jesus words, even the harsh ones. She has to meditate on the Bible comparing to her own life and beliefs. The world sees Saint Claus as good and perhaps, Diana is looking for him in a church. She must find someone much greater than Saint Claus, someone to be adored, praised and served. That's the way to redemption.

No comments:

Post a Comment