Sunday, July 1, 2018

What would I like to do before dying?

The rich in hell, who despised Lazarus, asked Abraham to come back to life in order to advise his loved ones how to live and escape a tormented life in hell.
I would like to:

  • conquer souls to Jesus. 
  • live praising the Lord, day by day. For instance, singing.
  • pray more; I am not praying as I should.
  • create a company that improves the world in which we live; as a gardener.
  • observe Lord's creation
  • be closed to my family - have good ties, good relationship, love, respect.
  • have one or more friends (outside my family) that are a brother in Jesus. Perhaps, I would find a friend like that outside our little church, perhaps in a seminary.
  • keep a healthy body: healthful food, exercise.
  • read the Bible as it must be read; but we have always some bias. I would like to be more and more sure that the way I am reading the Bible is getting closer to what the Lord wants to teach me.
  • be more and more like Jesus. I need to be more generous (I am not), be more merciful, love more, praise more, pray more. I have to understand the Lord more, to know him more, to be full of the Spirit, to receive the Spirit's power, to have more intimacy with the Lord (as Paul prayed in the Philippians favor)

Many of these tasks must be performed day by day. I don't need to be happy in the future; I must be happy now, with the Lord. All these things can be achieved with the resources the Lord has already provided; I don't need more money to pray and praise the Lord. So, why do I keep on staring so much to richness? It's illogical.


No comments:

Post a Comment