Sunday, July 15, 2018

Dad, again

The doctor asked a cranium tomography  to dad to discard the hypothesis of some tumor in dad's head due to the strange music he keeps listening. Although today is Sunday, I had to miss church and go along dad to the hospital. At first, I was wondering about letting dad alone as soon as the exam was over and go to the church.
However, when I met dad, he was very glad, smiling and asked me: "what are you doing after the exam?". I felt he liked to stay with me. I replied: "I was wondering about going to the church, but do you have another idea?". He had, go to a restaurant.
I decided to prioritize family over church. I really think that most members of the church are seeking a club, so now, dad comes first.
He told me more things about his childhood. No one wanted to tell him about his real father and he, as child, was afraid to ask anything in a time where all communication had to start from the seniors. The "grave wooden" was given to him when his grandfather moved to his house to be nursed by his single mother due to cancer.
He developed a theory who his father was based on the name of his sister. For me, it wasn't well grounded.
We had lunch together.
At first, I was convinced that the strange music came from a demon, but now, I think that it is some kind of his thoughts talking to him... His strange music usually talks about he and me. The singers in the strange music seems to see me as a more reliable person but my sister in law, as a not good person. These are his thoughts and he is listening as a strange music.
Today, I didn't explain him it is all in his head. Let it be.
Poor dad, he is at the end of his life (it must be less than 10 years, I suppose) and I think that he needs to escape his closed world. He wants to talk more and more with me; sharing his last moments on earth. Somehow, I must help my dad. He wants more than a son, he wants a friend.


No comments:

Post a Comment