Monday, July 11, 2016

Sedated

Today I was sedated for endoscopy. I must be healthy but it was for cancer prevention.
I did not see anything when the doctor was examining me. Even after, when I arrived home, I profoundly slept for many hours. Amazing.
"Religion is the opium of the people" said Karl Max, as opium was used to sedate people.
Does religion make me live with a smile in my face as a drunk that does not know he was beaten?
In some sense, yes. Saint Paul wrote the "Letters to Philippians" from a prison, probably from Rome. The great theme is "Rejoice in the Lord" despite circumstances. It is really a blessing to see the Lord's hand guiding my life, even when walking through the valley of the death as David said.
In some sense, no. When I was sedated, I did not see anything, I thought nothing. The one who rejoices in the Lord is not sedated. He looks what is happening. He feels the pain, but he looks above what is happening, certain that even his pain is some kind of medicine provided by the Lord for a greater cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment