Friday, July 8, 2016

I live, I die, I live again!

In the movie "Mad Max Fury Road", a slave was about to give his life to the master as a kamikaze would give his life to the Japanese emperor. In order to gain inner strength he was repeating: "I live, I die, I live again!". 

Theatrical release poster

His master is an evil one. He enjoys power. In a desert future planet Earth, water is a very scarce resource. The master has water, thus he has power. He seems generous as he gives water to the slaves, but enough to keep them alive, to keep them subjugated. When giving water, the master yells from a mountain to the crowd under him: "I am your redeemer!".
A simple glance of the master makes the kamikaze slave to feel as a chosen one, as a very special slave, as the one who is chosen by the master to a sacrificial mission. As he fails his mission, he is almost to kill himself in sorrow, but he recovers his mind when he receives affection from a beautiful girl. He becomes a traitor.
In the film, all slaves are bald and dresses in the same way. They are pictured as dumb guys that have a very narrow reasoning. They are brain washed.
Well, any similarity with Christianity is a mere coincidence, I guess.
Anyway, why am not this dumb slave? Am I not a brain washed man?
In some sense, I am this dumb slave and I am brain washed. I do not think that is natural for any human being to abandon his own interest and seek the Master's interest. It is necessary some Master's intervention in my brain to make me believe.
By other hand, I know my Master is good and the only one who is worth of praise. He is indeed the Redeemer because he really gives water to me in this desert world. But he created this living water by his sacrifice. He was crucified to make me alive, to make me drink and be satisfied.
Jesus changed the way I look my city: Sao Paulo. How can I see such beauty now, here in Sao Paulo, as in the photos I am posting? I am a paulista, but I have been hating this place for a long time... how can I say it is MY city? Here goes another photo from the "Ponte da Cidade Universitaria" at the end, taken in the morning:








No comments:

Post a Comment