Monday, May 15, 2023

psalm119 Gimel: May the Lord guide the pilgrim

 in Psalm 119, we read the prayer:

19 I am a stranger on earth;

    do not hide your commands from me.


I will be alive for more 20 years on earth, at maximum 40 years; thus I am a stranger, a pilgrim on earth. It is very easy to get lost on the short term, on the riches of this earth, on competing with others and a lot of things that will not have any difference when I live this earth. It is common to think that the Lord's law are unpleasant, but I must see the beauty of the Lord's commands as in:

18 Open my eyes that I may see

    wonderful things in your law.

I hope the Lord continue to be kind to me, open my eyes. The psalmist prays:

7 Be good to your servant while I live,

    that I may obey your word.

He doesn't pray: "be good to your servant, that I may be rich" because to obey the Lord is above his interest in richness, his interest on the short term.

No comments:

Post a Comment