Friday, May 26, 2023

Psalm 119 Lamed : the wonderful Word is personal

 In Psalm 119 Lamed 89-96, we read:


What you say goes, God,

    and stays, as permanent as the heavens.

Your truth never goes out of fashion;

    it’s as relevant as the earth when the sun comes up.

Your Word and truth are dependable as ever;

    that’s what you ordered—you set the earth going.


In contrast, I say many things that are silly and irrelevant. The Lord says things that never go out of style. I think the "law of gravity" or the "law that explains electromagnetic fields" was said by the Lord. The Lord commands the principles that govern the Universe.

Despite this, it is wonderful that the Lord draws close to us, especially to me. The psalmist says:


If your revelation hadn’t delighted me so,

    I would have given up when the hard times came.

But I’ll never forget the advice you gave me;

    you saved my life with those wise words.

Save me! I’m all yours.

    I look high and low for your words of wisdom.


The psalmist clung to the principles of the Word of the Lord and was able to endure difficult times: perhaps some kind of bullying or illness.

    


No comments:

Post a Comment