Monday, May 22, 2023

psalm 119: friend to everyone who follows Jesus

 In Psalm 119 we read:

61 Though the ropes of wicked people are tied around me,

    I never forget your teachings.


I live very influenced by the worldly way of thinking. For instance: there is a movement called FIRE (Financial Independence and Retire Early), same sex marriage, etc. Certainly the ropes of wicked people are tied around me. However, as I constantly meditate on word of the Lord, I never forget his teachings.


63 I am a friend to everyone who fears you

    and to everyone who follows your guiding principles.


It is very interesting that I am a friend of people I would normally be a friend due to social status, race, education, etc. In a church, I learn to be a friend of everyone who fears the Lord.


No comments:

Post a Comment