Thursday, May 11, 2023

psalm119-alef: blessed who stays on course

We read in Psalm 119:

1-2 You’re blessed when you stay on course,

    walking steadily on the road revealed by God.

You’re blessed when you follow his directions,

    doing your best to find him.

Is it possible to stay on course, to take the decisions that please the Lord? I am blessed when do my best to please him. However, the psalmist knows that he doesn't stay always on course:

Oh, that my steps might be steady,

    keeping to the course you set;

Then I’d never have any regrets

    in comparing my life with your counsel.

He knows he is not perfect and must learn from the Lord. Despite his errors, he asks that the Lord don't leave him as he is committed to please the Lord.

I learn the pattern of your righteous ways.

I’m going to do what you tell me to do;

    don’t ever walk off and leave me.


No comments:

Post a Comment