Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Psalm 119 nun: beam of light

In Psalm 119:105-112, we read:

By your words I can see where I’m going;

    they throw a beam of light on my dark path.

I’ve committed myself and I’ll never turn back

    from living by your righteous order.


The Word of the Lord helps me to take decisions. Sometimes I feel that my wife doesn't treat me properly. If I were an independent guy, taking my own decisions, it is very likely that this marriage were over; however, when I pray for my marriage to the Lord, I understand that I must be patient and a blessing to my wife and children. The Word throw a beam of light on my dark path. It certainly makes me wiser.

However, as a Christian, I am not immune to problems. The psalmist says:


Everything’s falling apart on me, God;

put me together again with your Word.


This is what I sometimes face in my marriage: "Everything’s falling apart on me, God", but He has been "put me together again with your Word".


No comments:

Post a Comment