Sunday, September 25, 2016

Fruit

Yesterday I was in a wedding party and met a former member of the church, someone who had worked very hard there. I told him that is very unpleasant to work hard and do not see any fruit, any progress of a church that in fact is a club. He exhorted me to be in the Spirit and not in the flesh: the Spirit is the One who works, not me; thus I should not be dis-motivated like that.
I told him, that in fact, I see the Spirit acting at least in me, and in my very next ones. He must be right, but not 100% right.
Basically, I have to rest in the Lord - He is really the One who provides growth to his Church. However, I suppose that some of my critics are really right: my local church works in closed doors focusing nikkeis - Japanese descendants. However, I suppose it is really worse: even a Japanese descendant can not go there without being invited. Brazil is violent, but is it really necessary to work in this way? This club oriented behavior is killing the church. It is behaving as still waters where fishes are dying. Today my wife will have to cook in the church. Is it really for God or for a club?
Anyway, I believe that the Spirit is gradually changing me, but I really need much more of the Spirit in me. I am tired of my local church.
I got an idea: there are a lot of good things that are happening to me because I belong to this church. Yesterday, for instance, I visited S with DH - both had strokes. I am learning a lot because I am in the church. There are problems, but there are many blessings too. I need to count the blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment