Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Talents

In Matthew 25, we read:
 24 He also who had received the one talent came forward, saying, ‘Master, I knew you to be a hard man, reaping where you did not sow, and gathering where you scattered no seed, 25 so I was afraid, and I went and hid your talent in the ground. Here you have what is yours.’ 26 But his master answered him, ‘You wicked and slothful servant! You knew that I reap where I have not sown and gather where I scattered no seed? 27 Then you ought to have invested my money with the bankers, and at my coming I should have received what was my own with interest.28 So take the talent from him and give it to him who has the ten talents. 29 For to everyone who has will more be given, and he will have an abundance. But from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away. 30 And cast the worthless servant into the outer darkness. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’

I am 53 years old. I am sure that the Lord gave me many talents. I suppose that I have 20 years more of life, because after 73 years old, I am not so confident about my health. Today I went to the ophthalmologist doctor. He told me I am developing cataracts. I mean, I am beginning to decline physically, however, now, I feel I am in a great shape.
I would like to live multiplying the talents the Lord gave me, but until now, it seems to me I have lived to myself only and I am missing something. Lord, what is your purpose to me?
Many pastors would say that the best thing one can do is to bring souls to Jesus. Well, in a more Calvinistic approach, I would say that the best thing one can do is to glorify the Lord and delight in Him. Anyway, I would like very much to lead many souls to Jesus.
However, "lead a soul to Jesus" is translated to take a person (generally a pleasant person) to the church. I myself am really disappointed with my local church, but I can not think of anyone better. What is church? My local church behaves as a club. A lot of people wants the lunch but not the Word. They want to lunch but they do not want to work for it. Thus, few people must cook to many others in name of Love. Most of the members do not seem to read the Bible, meditate on it, and even taking care to put in practice. Therefore, it is very rare to see lives changed, worse, it is very rare to see some passion to Jesus. Is it to lead someone to Jesus? Is not it to lead someone to a club?
The great problem is that I can not think of a local church that is much better than mine.
Returning to the talents.
Around 5 years ago, I would like to retire and dedicate my life to the church; but now I changed my mind.
Brazil is really a dangerous place.
Would not it be much better to create a company in residential automation using some kind of open hardware and open software as arduino and linux? It would be very nice to detect intruders and even command the house by internet. I think I can do it.
I am a teacher.
I thought to open a company at my house, displaying some projects in youtube that automates my house. I can teach about these projects at home and I can sell projects to others residences. I can sell arduino. My company could employ my best pupils. Is it to glorify the Lord? Perhaps a company like that is like a church. A honest company that helps others: Christians and non Christians, can be very pleasing to the Lord.
If the Lord helps me, I can multiply my talents by a company like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment