Wednesday, September 7, 2016

September 7th, Independence day

It is told that on September, 7th of 1822, the Portuguese Prince, Don Pedro I, decided to proclaim the independence of Brazil from Portugal and became king of Brazil.
Brazilians became discontent with Don Pedro I. He abdicated his throne in favor to his son: Don Pedro II. Amazingly, he came back to Portugal when his father Don Joao VI died and became king of Portugal, but this time, Don Pedro IV.
For me a very confusing history, since the Portuguese Prince was against his father's (Don Joao VI) will and consequently against his own will.
Although today is a Holiday, I forbid my daughter to go out and study because she needs it. She and my wife became against me, but her doubts in Mathematics confirmed that I was right.  

No comments:

Post a Comment