Monday, October 24, 2016

Feasts

On October 16th, Sunday, my brother in law decided to celebrate his 25 years of wedding. In this special day, his church (let us call Daughter Church) gathered in another place - Maripora - a city next to Sao Paulo. In the morning, my brother in law preached about John 2 and in the afternoon we had barbecue. Many members came from another church (let us call Mother Church) which I attended when I was a child, so it was good to be there.
In John 2, Jesus was in a wedding party, when the wine was over and his mother asked him to make something about it. My brother in law emphasized the shame of the bridegroom. Jesus freed him and his wife of the shame as He frees as from the shame of sin.
I enjoyed to see him preaching because he focused on leading others to Jesus through his wedding celebration.
On October 22nd, Saturday, we went to another 25 years wedding celebration in the Mother Church where I attended when I was a child.  I confess I was not eager to go there, but it was very nice to meet many brothers and sisters in Jesus.
These wedding feasts are just a small sample of the great wedding feast when the Lamb will meet his Church.

No comments:

Post a Comment