Monday, September 19, 2016

Disagreement

Last Sunday, 11, after the cult, I was talking to a urologist that happened to be in our church. As I had recently the Urinary Tract Infection, I thought that the Lord sent him there. 
As I was talking to him, my pastor broke the conversation, asking me to change my preaching day from the first to the second Sunday of October. I agreed with him very fast trying to keep up my conversation, however, the pastor decided to get his free medical appointment. I became angry with this lack of respect, said nothing and left the place.
After the Sunday School, as pastor's wife returned to my preaching day change subject, I tried to understand what caused it. The pastor told me: "you do not preach. Rest on this month!"
I became more angry: are we talking the same language? He is Japanese - issei - first generation with a bad Portuguese. I asked his wife to intervene as he should not be understanding Portuguese. She told him that I wanted to preach. In fact, I did not say that, but it was OK in that context. He began to ask me: "Do you preach on Second Sunday?". 
At this moment, I was very angry to answer, so I answered in low voice. But he is old and did not hear. He asked me in a higher voice: "Do you preach on Second Sunday?". This time, I refused to answer. Is he crazy? He repeated again in a higher voice. For me, it was enough. I stood up to leave the room. 
I am not the kind of sheep that are very meek to any pastor, but I have never been more meek than I am being with this Japanese pastor. I am doing things that are against my will. I was invited to some duties in my former church, but I refused. Here, in this church, I am taking many duties. The worse to me is to be a deacon and approve many wishes from the pastor. I am being a deacon for around 7 years. It is time to say "no" to the next year.
Yesterday, I told what happened to the pastor's wife. She told me to be patient. He is becoming old, he forget things. If I knew he is with Alzheimer, I would be more complacent with him. I really think that he is avoiding me. Any time, I am talking to someone, he comes and talks to the other person, breaking the conversation. It happened many times since this incident. Is it by chance? Is it on purpose? God knows.
Let the Lord deal with this situation. I have to turn my eyes upon Jesus so that the things of earth will grow strangely dim in the light of His glory and grace. Perhaps, that is what the Lord wants from me. He wants me to turn to Him instead of paying so much attention to my old pastor.

No comments:

Post a Comment