Friday, June 30, 2023

psalm 131: contentment

 In Psalm 131 we read:


1 God, I’m not trying to rule the roost,

    I don’t want to be king of the mountain.

I haven’t meddled where I have no business

    or fantasized grandiose plans.


2 I’ve kept my feet on the ground,

    I’ve cultivated a quiet heart.

Like a baby content in its mother’s arms,

    my soul is a baby content.


3 Wait, Israel, for God. Wait with hope.

    Hope now; hope always!


I lived in Sao Paulo suburbs. It was very difficult to enter in a good college, but I got it. After that, I had great plans to myself such as to create my own company, to study abroad, but unfortunately they didn't come true. 

Ambition is dangerous: it creates a dissatisfaction  with what the Lord has already given.

The Lord taught me that I must be content with what He has already given me. 

I can call "father" to the Lord, the Creator, the Adonai. I am learning to rest in the Lord's arms. Now, at 60 years old, my soul is a baby content.

No comments:

Post a Comment