Thursday, June 1, 2023

psalm 119 Ain - justice

 In Psalm 119:121-128  we read:


I stood up for justice and the right;

    don’t leave me to the mercy of my oppressors.

Take the side of your servant, good God;

    don’t let the godless take advantage of me.

I can’t keep my eyes open any longer, waiting for you

    to keep your promise to set everything right.

Let your love dictate how you deal with me;

    teach me from your textbook on life.


The psalmist claims that the Lord treats differently him and his oppressors because he stands up for justice while they are godless who oppresses the innocent. The psalmist claims for justice: he asks that his enemies don't take advantage of him. He asks:

126 It’s time to act, God;

    they’ve made a shambles of your revelation!


No comments:

Post a Comment