Tuesday, June 6, 2023

psalm 119 cof - salvation and obedience

 In Psalm 119 145-152, we read:

I call out at the top of my lungs,

    “God! Answer! I’ll do whatever you say.”

I called to you, “Save me

    so I can carry out all your instructions.”

I was up before sunrise,

    crying for help, hoping for a word from you.

I stayed awake all night,

    prayerfully pondering your promise.

In your love, listen to me;

    in your justice, God, keep me alive.

As those out to get me come closer and closer,

    they go farther and farther from the truth you reveal;


The psalmist is surrounded by evil people. They are closer to him. He cries out for the Lord's help, promissing that if the Lord saves him, then he will carry out all the instructions of the Lord. 

We are also surrounded by evil people who influence how we think. 

Lord save me from this world and its way of thinking so that I can carry out all your instructions.


No comments:

Post a Comment