Wednesday, April 5, 2023

psalm 96: worship YHWH

There is a problem with men in general, me included: every one wants to be praised.

Since I was born, I wanted to be the number one in my class. Why? I would say to prove that I am more worthy than others. 

When everyone wants to be praised, we have competition and hate.

Psalm 96 says:

4-5 For God is great, and worth a thousand Hallelujahs.

His furious beauty puts the other gods to shame;

Pagan gods are mere tatters and rags.

YHWH is great and worth my praise. Imagine a world where everyone praises YHWH: no competition, but love instead. YHWH is not static in heaven, but we read

Then all the trees of the forest will sing for joy

13 Before the Lord, for He is coming,

For He is coming to judge the earth.

He will judge the world in righteousness,

And the peoples in His faithfulness.

He is coming to judge the world and the peoples in His faithfulness. I will be judged by my faithfulness to Him. May the Lord not allow me to live for my honor, to praise myself. Let YHWH be praised by my life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment