Wednesday, April 12, 2023

psalm 101: David don´t want liars in his house

In Psalm 101 we read:

2 I want to understand the path to integrity.

    When will you come to me?

David wants to understand the path to integrity. He expects that the Lord will come to him as we Christians expect to meet Jesus.

David wants to be surrounded by men with integrity too. He says:

7 The one who does deceitful things will not stay in my home.

    The one who tells lies will not remain in my presence.

8 Every morning I will destroy all the wicked people in the land

    to rid Yahweh’s city of all troublemakers.

Jesus called Matthew, a publican, to follow him. Was Matthew a men with integrity? Certainly not, but he became one. David committed adultery and murder, but we see him as man with integrity. 

David and Matthew repented of their sins and wanted to understand the path to integrity. Both of them waited for the Lord to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment