Monday, April 17, 2023

psalm 104: wine, olive oil and bread

Certainly the Lord created our blood, our lungs, air, animals, mountains but did he create wine, olive oil and bread?

we read:

 psalm 104:15 You make wine to cheer human hearts,

    olive oil to make faces shine,

        and bread to strengthen human hearts.

I really enjoy Portuguese cuisine. They are very good at making wine, oil, bread and cheese, but in verse 15, it was the Lord who made them.

Computers are based on very simple logic: Boolean functions with combined memory. Were computers really a human invention? If the psalmist says it was the Lord who made wine, I say it was the Lord who made computers.

We read:

24 What a large number of things you have made, O Yahweh!

    You made them all by wisdom.

33 I will sing to Yahweh throughout my life.

    I will make music to praise my Elohim as long as I live.

But we also know that there is something wrong with creation: it has been tainted with sin.

The psalmist ends with:

35 May sinners vanish from the world.

    May there no longer be any wicked people.

    Praise Yahweh, my soul!

One way to sinners vanish form the world is by a transformation, a conversion: the death of the sinner and the rise of the believer.


No comments:

Post a Comment