Thursday, March 9, 2023

Psalm77: The Lord is far away from me

 We are tempted to think that we are on our own saying, Psalms 77:10/MSG:

“Just my luck,” I said. “The High God retires

    just the moment I need him.”

because, it seems that the Lord doesn't listen to my prayers as nothing different happens.

The psalmist decides in Psalm 77:11-12/MSG:

Once again I’ll go over what God has done,

    lay out on the table the ancient wonders;

I’ll ponder all the things you’ve accomplished,

    and give a long, loving look at your acts.

Even though he didn't see with his own eyes ancient wonders such as the exodus, he believes and exclaims in Psalm 77:13-14/MSG:

O God! Your way is holy!

    No god is great like God!

You’re the God who makes things happen;

    you showed everyone what you can do

In a similar way, when it seems to me that the Lord is far away from me, I have to look at the cross and resurrection of Jesus to praise the Lord for his salvation.


No comments:

Post a Comment