Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Psalm 81 - Do I listen to the Lord?

 Psaml 81 repeat "listen" many times. 

In Egypt, Israel was in pain and called the Lord. He was hidden in thunder (v7), but He listened to Israel. However, Israel didn't listen to the Lord. The Lord asks:

8         Listen, my people, and I will warn you.

            Israel, if you would only listen to me!

The Lord demands loyalty from Israel. Israel must serve only Him and not other gods.

11 “But my people did not listen to me.

    Israel wanted nothing to do with me.

As Israel wanted to follow his own ways, the Lord let Israel go his stubborn ways and face the consequences of it. The Lord laments Israel decision:

13 If only my people would listen to me!

    If only Israel would follow me! 

If Israel listened to the Lord, He would feed Israel with the finest foods, He would prosper Israel.

The Lord resembles a father who laments that his son doesn't pay attention to his words and wastes his time on nonsense things. 

Am I listening to the Father?

No comments:

Post a Comment