Friday, March 3, 2023

Psalm73: Is Elohim good?

I read the Bible and I understand what pleases the Lord. I do my best to please Him but what do I get in return? 

In Psalm 73:

13 I’ve received no reward for keeping my life pure

    and washing my hands of any blame.

14 I’m plagued with problems all day long,

    and every morning my punishment begins again.

However, I see wicked people doing great in life.

In Psalm 73:

11 Then wicked people ask, “What does Elohim know?”

    “Does Elyon know anything?”

They understand that Elohim has nothing to do with our lives, so they live theirs lives as they wish. It is really unfair that the wicked are "blessed" even though despising the Lord. Is Elohim good? It doesn't seem so.

In Psalm 73:

15 If I had said, “I will continue to talk like that,”

    I would have betrayed Elohim’s people.

16 But when I tried to understand this,

    it was too difficult for me.

17 Only when I came into Elohim’s holy place

    did I finally understand what would happen to them.

My Aha! moment was in the holy place. I understood the fate of the wicked people.

19 They (wicked people)  are suddenly destroyed.

    They are completely swept away by terror!

Although wicked people seem to be doing great they will be suddenly destroyed.

But this will no happens to me. 

The psalmist prays:

23 Yet, I am always with you.

    You hold on to my right hand.

24 With your advice you guide me,

    and in the end you will take me to glory.

25 As long as I have you,

    I don’t need anyone else in heaven or on earth.

26 My body and mind may waste away,

    but Elohim remains the foundation of my life

        and my inheritance forever.

I will be resurrected. The Lord will make me win over Death. 

So, let me return to the question: "Is Elohim good?"

1 Elohim is truly good to Israel,

    to those whose lives are pure.

The Lord is truly good to those whose lives are pure. May my life be pure before the Lord.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment