Monday, January 15, 2024

Isaiah 38: king Hezekiah who was about to die

 


In Isaiah 38 we read about king Hezekiah who was sick.


1 At that time, Hezekiah got sick. He was about to die. The prophet Isaiah son of Amoz visited him and said, “God says, ‘Prepare your affairs and your family. This is it: You’re going to die. You’re not going to get well.’”



The Lord says to Isaiah prepare to die. In a way, I am about to die. It is my obligation to prepare for my death.


King Hezekiah prayed to the Lord:


 “God, please, I beg you: Remember how I’ve lived my life. I’ve lived faithfully in your presence, lived out of a heart that was totally yours. You’ve seen how I’ve lived, the good that I have done.”


The Lord gave him 15 years extra.

Hezekiah praises the Lord:


20 God saves and will save me.

    As fiddles and mandolins strike up the tunes,

We’ll sing, oh we’ll sing, sing,

    for the rest of our lives in the Sanctuary of God.


No comments:

Post a Comment