Thursday, July 27, 2023

psalm 147: Hallelujah: the Lord is in control

 In Psalm 147 we read:

Hallelujah!

It’s a good thing to sing praise to our God;

    praise is beautiful, praise is fitting.

God puts the fallen on their feet again

    and pushes the wicked into the ditch.

He’s not impressed with horsepower;

    the size of our muscles means little to him.

Those who fear God get God’s attention;

    they can depend on his strength.


Sometimes I like to see clouds in the sky. They seem to me as a painting from the Lord to me. I also like to see birds and trees. They seem to be in solitude, praising the Lord. It is somehow difficult for mankind to be in solitude and praise the Lord. 

The Lord is the One who knows how to deal with people. Generally, people want to impress one another, but the Lord is not impressed. He loves those who fear Him, those who depend on His strength. 

Dad is now 87 years old. His mind is playing tricks on him: he hears voices, and feel constantly oppressed. I am afraid he don't fear the Lord and goes to the ditch. I pray for him, but it doesn't seem to work.

Despite all this, I believe that the Lord is the One who loves dad, much more than I love him. The Lord is wise. He will know how to deal with dad. He will also instruct me on how to deal with him.


No comments:

Post a Comment