Tuesday, July 25, 2023

psalm 144: I wonder why you care, God

 In Psalm 144 we read:


1-2 Blessed be God, my mountain,

    who trains me to fight fair and well.

He’s the bedrock on which I stand,

    the castle in which I live,

    my rescuing knight,

The high crag where I run for dear life,

    while he lays my enemies low.


3-4 I wonder why you care, God—

    why do you bother with us at all?

All we are is a puff of air;

    we’re like shadows in a campfire.



King David is amazed by how much the Lord has blessed him. Although he has defeated his enemies, he understand that it was not his victory. Instead, the Lord trained him to fight fair and well. He found security in the Lord. Thus, he is amazed about how the Creator of the Universe bothers with him and Israel. All we are is puff of air! In a similar way, we Christians must recognize how the Lord has blessed us. He has provided victories. In him we find security. Why do the Lord bother with us at all?


No comments:

Post a Comment