Sunday, October 10, 2021

small and big losses

 As usual, we (my family) bought a pilled water melon (just the fruit meat) in the open market. When I arrived home, there were a lot of smashed fruits. I became very annoyed with this small loss, so annoyed that I will have to discuss this matter (don't buy just the fruit meat, but it wholly) with my wife (who had this idea) in order to avoid future losses. The point is that a small loss made me think about how to avoid them in future because it hurt me.

I began to wonder how I care about big losses. I had many big financial losses, but did I learn some lessons about how to avoid them? It is somehow common that I don't learn anything from my big mistakes in stock market. It is common that I take big losses as granted and the solution is "diversification".

However, life is much greater than finances. I think that I am trying to write some kind of parable when talking about money, trying in a very small way imitate the Lord who told us many money-related parables.

Repentance is very much like a financial loss. Repentance must trigger questions such as: "how to avoid this sin in future? Is there some kind of reaction that I must trigger after some event? How to change some behavior that is leading me to failure?". I hope I repent about the great issues that I must repent so that my life is changed by the Lord.



No comments:

Post a Comment