Saturday, October 30, 2021

An old-aged friend

I have an old aged friend, that I call "Ojisan".

Ojisan's father was a pastor. He and his siblings saw a lot of problems in churches; so many problems that now, he and his siblings don't attend any church. Ojisan see himself as a christian, some how devoted to the Lord. He criticizes practically all pastors that he knew in the thousand churches that he attended.

He sees himself as a kind of prophet that prophesies against many churches. He says he has this gift. 

It was he that leaded me to that nikkei church and I communicated to him that I am leaving the church and the preaching.

I was thinking that perhaps, he had a point in not attending any church now, because it is really hard to find one with a biblical vision; but as I keep talking to him, I noticed that he rarely talk about the Bible and he rarely talk about praying about anyone. It seems to me that he doesn't love the church, full of sinners.  

He likes to talk about politics and how many churches are involved with the world in search for power. It may be true, but, in my opinion, he should read the Bible against himself and see the Lord working on his own life before prophesy against any church. So, I urged him to read the Bible with me and concentrate on the Bible itself.

Unfortunately he rejected this gathering about Bible reading many and many times, but today, I think it is the last time I try. I think that it is somehow common that old aged men criticizes the world against him but can't find any problem in himself. This is really said because repentance is the key to life changes. I hope the Lord keeps me in his Way. Let the Lord takes care of my heart in my old ages: let my heart be soft as a flash and not hard as a stone.

No comments:

Post a Comment