Sunday, May 27, 2018

Preaching

I have been a fierce critic of many preachers that do not focus on the gospel.
I am preaching at my local church although I did not study at any seminary. Today I preached Matthew 8:5-13 about the centurion's faith. I tried to focus that he saw a divine authority in Jesus to the point that he did not consider himself worth of receiving Jesus at home, even though he believed in Jesus cure.
I spent some time talking about hierarchy, authority and responsibility: an error from a obedient son is covered by his father, while an error from a rebellious son, not. In the same way, my error are covered when I submit myself to Jesus.
After preaching, Diana criticized me for being too verbose, too wordy making the congregation sleeps.
I know I have to limit my preaching time. Today it was around one hour. I must preach for 30 minutes at maximum. Generally, I have been preaching for 50 minutes. I will make some effort to improve it.
The Lord is above everything and above my life. He has been watching me from heaven. I think that He sent me this critique to humble me. Certainly I need some humility in my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment