Saturday, May 19, 2018

Children are like arrows

In Psalm 127: 3-4, we read:
Children are a heritage from the Lord,
    offspring a reward from him.
Like arrows in the hands of a warrior
    are children born in one’s youth.

Are my children like arrows in my hand? 
Nowadays, families work in a very different way than in old times. Today, children go to school, enjoy their friends, watch their movies, play their video games and hardly obey orders; simply because, we, as parents, do not give orders and do not teach anything about our daily routine to children.
I realized that I should give more orders to my children. For instance: the younger boy do not show initiative to study, work; anything. In the morning, I like to eat a banana with oats, but we ran out of bananas. So, I will ask the younger boy to buy some bananas tomorrow morning when I will need it to my oat porridge.  Isnt't it as an arrow in the hand of a warrior? I can go further using my children to go further. In fact, I understand that it is a divine obligation as a father to make use of them. I also understand that the Lord is blessing me when I command them.

No comments:

Post a Comment