Thursday, November 23, 2023

Isaiah 14: prophecies against Babylon, Assyria and Philistia

 In Isaiah 14 we see prophecies against:

. Babylon : 1-23, 


13 But you said in your heart,

‘I will ascend to heaven;

I will raise my throne above the stars of God,

And I will sit on the mount of assembly

In the recesses of the north.

14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds;

I will make myself like the Most High.’

15 Nevertheless you will be brought down to Sheol,

To the recesses of the pit.

16 Those who see you will stare at you,

They will [h]closely examine you, saying,

‘Is this the man who made the earth tremble,

Who shook kingdoms,

17 Who made the world like a wilderness

And overthrew its cities,

Who did not [i]allow his prisoners to go home?’



. Assyria : 24-27


24 Certainly, just as I have intended, so it has happened, and just as I have planned, so it will stand, 25 to break Assyria in My land, and I will trample him on My mountains. Then his yoke will be removed from them, and his burden removed from their shoulders.



. Philistia


29 “Do not rejoice, Philistia, all of you,

Because the rod that struck you is broken;

For from the serpent’s root a viper will come out,

And its fruit will be a winged serpent.

30 [n]Those who are most helpless will eat,

And the poor will lie down in security;

I will kill your root with famine,

And it will kill your survivors.


No comments:

Post a Comment