Monday, February 6, 2023

Reason to pray to the Lord

 The Lord knows everything we need, so we don't communicate anything new to the Lord when we pray. Why do Christians pray? A human father wants his son to come to him for help when he is in trouble. My son is a bad student with a bad grade. Surely I could help him a lot. I lost count of how many times I insisted that he ask for my help. I asked him many times, "what don't you understand?" He always answered "everything is ok". I tried many times to sit him down and see what he understood and didn't understand. Many times I realized that he was lying to me and did not understand anything. In a mixture of fury and pity, I taught him many times what he should have understood but he didn't ask. This whole process was very painful for me and at some point I gave up. He didn't seem to care if he failed the exams, so I let him fail. Why didn't he ask me? Because he was lazy to study and identify what he didn't know, because he was proud. The Lord wants us to ask him for help as I would want my son to ask me for help. When doing so, we submit to Him. We understand that our path is subject to failures. We understand that the Lord has a better way of dealing with our own problems and in prayer, we are prone to do as He wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment