Friday, August 31, 2018

Alzheimer and bank

Mummy has enough money to buy a real estate (a small real estate in Sao Paulo). It is in a bank, applied to generate pension in old age. Due to the Alzheimer, mommy can' t cash out. I became her curator but in a preliminary phase (tutela) for now. It is very likely that it will become definitive.
We have still to present more documents to the brazilian justice.
This week, I went to the bank on Wednesday and presented me as Mommy's curator, but I didn't retrieve a penny. I felt some kind of silly guy... I came back today and asked to retrieve all money from this pension account. Mommy will have to pay 27.5 % of income tax: 15% at the moment and more 12.5% next year. I was told that the bank will analyze my case and return a position around Tuesday.
I intend to transfer Mommy's money in a shared account between me, brother and sister.
It may be used to improve the house in which they live, turning more adapted to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment