Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Ezekiel 48: the division of the land in the new Israel

 in Ezekiel 48 we read about:
. the division of the land among the tribes of Israel, according to the sons of Israel (Joseph takes two tribes: Ephraim and Manasses). Although, the 10 tribes of Israel were taken by Assyria, there is this prophecy that the tribes will be reunited in a future Israel.
. the portion of the priests and levites: they will have a lande bordering Judah, this land is holy.
. the portion of the Prince: the prince will live in the holy land near the temple, priests and levites.
. the city gates: the holy city (new Jerusalem) will have 3 gates at each side, here specified.
Everything in this chapter refers to a new Israel that never happened in history.
As a Christian, I can't understand the importance of the tribes of Israel. Jesus called 12 apostles: one for each tribe, I suppose, but it is very difficult to understand the importance of the land of Israel to me as a gentile or even, how I see the Christ.
This chapter ends with:

“From now on the name of the city will be Yahweh-Shammah: “God-Is-There.”

Jesus is the one who connects me to the Lord, so it is difficult to me to understand the importance of the city, its gates, the place to priests and levites. I think that most Jews don't know their ascendance to the sons of Israel, so I can't see how Ezekiel 48 will be fulfilled in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment